The G38 was the largest land passenger aircraft of its time. On November 6, 1929 departed Zimmermann, chief pilot at Junkers, for the first flight and was immediately surprised by the excellent flying characteristics. From summer 1931 the G38 flew with 30 passengers on the Berlin-Hanover-Amsterdam-London. In the glass wing leading edge were six seats installed, a special attraction. The success of this luxuriously equipped "giant aircraft", Lufthansa wanted shortly afterwards do build a second aircraft. The number of passengers increased to 32. The G38 quickly became the attractive and popular flagship of the German Lufthansa AG and behaved in usage. The G38 D-APIS remained until the beginning of World War II in scheduled service with Lufthansa. If the exploit of the then German aircraft manufacturing, the G38 was an important step in the development of air traffic.
- Truthful surface structure
- Detailed corrugated structure
- Passenger Cabin and Flight Deck
- Movable propellers
- Tandem landing gear
- Bench in the wing implantation
- Separate rudders
- Detailed horizontal tailplane
- Transfers for the Lufthansa version APIS-D and D-AZUR.
|Additional accessories required|
|78, 83, 99, 302|
|Tools Required||Glue, paint, thinner, knutselmes|
|Number of Parts:|